Organisation of the congregation
The Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Evron, of pontifical right, is organised into Provinces and Delegations. Since 1803 the registered office is in France, in Evron, department of Mayenne.
The overall government of the Congregation is in the hands of the General Council made up of the Superior General and three assistants; these are elected for five years. In order to signify that the council is at the service of all the sisters present in different countries: France, Great Britain, Canada-Alberta, Africa (Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso), Peru, it no longer lives in Evron but in Laval.
The communities present in the same country, or in neighbouring countries, are grouped into Provinces or Delegations. There is a Province for the French sisters outside of the Motherhouse, a Province for the sisters in England and Wales, a Province for the sisters in Canada-Alberta. The communities in Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso are grouped in a Delegation.
In Evron, the elderly sisters in the Motherhouse are also grouped in a Delegation. In each Province or Delegation, the General Council of the Congregation names a council with a three year mandate, which is renewable, to ensure leadership and coordination.
In each Province and in the African Delegation there is a noviciate where anyone who wants to know us, to be initiated and formed for religious life in our congregation, is welcome.